Thread: 'New tab' page layout

Thanks

Default 'New tab' page layout

I'm getting the impression that I'm the only person who uses the 'New tab' page as default. I find it very useful to get where I want quickly, or to decide where I want to go if I don't know.

Anyway, I have some comments on the layout of the 'New tab' page as it is in Chrome versions three and four. In version two there are nine 'Most visited' webpage icons, on its right a blue box with search boxes, below that a blue box with 'Recent bookmarks', and below that a list of 'Recently closed' tabs or sessions.

In newer versions, however, the layout is as follows: There are eight 'Most visited' webpage icons, which are larger than V2 due to the search and bookmark boxes being absent, and the 'Recently closed' list has been modified to a blue bar beneath the icons.

Now, I really prefer the one in version two, because it looks more organized and it's overall more useful. I can see why it was modified, since the 'Recent bookmarks' box is a bit redundant, but when you have more bookmarks than fit on the bar, it does fill a purpose. I especially like the search boxes, which allow you to quickly find things in whatever site you want to, like Wikipedia or Youtube. And it's kind of natural that 'Recently closed' pages go below these.

Agree? Disagree?

(I don't know how to add search boxes to this list, or maybe I forgot. Can anyone tell me how to?)
    Last edited by LTK; 09-04-2009 at 06:23 PM.

Thanks

I use the tab page all the time and I"m gutted with the new layout chrome didn't have the courtesy to ask me .Just turned the net on this morning and layout had changed .My Mrs is going to think that I've mucked around with it ! Thanks google ! Anyway A BIG Hello from New Zealand

Thanks

Unhappy

New Layout is poor in comparison to the old layout.

I'm sure the old was faster for people whose right eye is dominant.

I notice this change most since I only have sight in my right eye.

I agree with LTK.

Pity I don't have the option. and
    Last edited by Sher; 09-17-2009 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Forgot to answer Agree/ disagree with 1st posting in this thread.

Thanks

I would not comment on the "new tab" page layout until I see something finalised;
    although there is a stable version of Chrome available, I still treat it as "beta"