Thread: Google Vietnamese Issue

Thanks

Unhappy Google Vietnamese Issue

I can't find where is right place to report this problem. I hope Chrome team will soon aware this problem and fixing it accordingly.

I don't know if I should clarify this as an error or not. I'll call this an issue, it's a serious issue actually.
    This is an issue with Google Chrome Vietnamese version.

Well, Chrome Vietnamese use French as secondary preferred language for displaying web pages by default. This is not true. English is our secondary language here. At present, French isn't popular here anymore.
    Appx. 90 percents of schools and universities in Vietnam teach English as a required subject.

Quoted from Wikipedia:
    Various other languages are spoken by several minority groups in Vietnam. The most common of these are Tày, Mường, Khmer, Chinese, Nùng, and H'Mông. The French language, a legacy of colonial rule, is still spoken by some older Vietnamese as a second language, but is losing its popularity. Vietnam is also a full member of the Francophonie. Russian — and to a much lesser extent German, Czech, or Polish — is sometimes known among those whose families had ties with the Soviet bloc. In recent years, English is becoming more popular as a second language. English study is obligatory in most schools. Chinese and Japanese have also become more popular.
    I hope Chrome team will spot this issue, evaluate the situation and change it accordingly in future release, to make Chrome experience more convenient for Vietnamese users.

Thanks

have you tried installing an English version of Chrome

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sulasno View Post
    have you tried installing an English version of Chrome
    You got me wrong.
    Localized versions of Chrome ship with presets of preferred languages to display web pages. If a page isn't available in the most preferred language, Chrome will ask for that page in secondary preferred one, so on.
    By default the most preferred language of Chrome Vietnamese is Vietnamese (of course). Therefore, if page is available in Vietnamese, Vietnamese version will be loaded. If not then Chrome will try to ask for French version of the page by default. And this is a problem since French is not popular here.

This is a changeable setting, however default setting is wrong.
    It's problem with usability, not actually a program error.
    To correct the issue, I can make English preferred over French and It'll be okay. But not everyone know how to change it.
    While French is preferred over English, major website that isn't available in Vietnamese might display French instead of English. You'll be surprised by amount of these websites.

Thanks

Options | Under the hood
    Change font and language settings

Thanks

Angry

Don't know what to tell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by lusiads View Post
    It's problem with usability, not actually a program error... not everyone know how to change it.

Thanks

Thanks

Thumbs up

Thank you sulasno
    Quote Originally Posted by sulasno View Post

Thanks

you're welcome
    and I hope the Chrome developers will listen to the users :-)