Thread: Interactive Services Detection

Thanks

Default Interactive Services Detection

I have Chrome 15.0.874.121 and windows 7. For the last few days I have been receiving a messags from ISD. When I open it the computer goes to a light blue screen with a box stating that a program is trying to display a message and that the message will appear below. It doesn't. Further info in this box says
    Message untitled- Google Chrome.
    Program path: Program.
    Files\Google\Chrome\Application\15.0.874.121\chrom e.dll
    This occurs when a program is not fully compatable with Windows.

I have tried:-
    Troubleshooting compatability.
    Uninstall chrome (just get a message that a chrome window is still open but nothing in task manager)
    Can't find ISD to disable it.

There is a long thread on the Google Chrome forum and it is stil running.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks

Am I missing something or am I correct in that Google has not responded to this issue. Your situation appears to be common with a wide range of people, including myself. I am troubled and disappointed that this has been an unresolved issue for so long. Is there no way to at least remove Chrome and be done with it?

Thanks

As the ISD message says that Google Chrome it trying to display a message we can assume that it is Chrome that is causing the problem. My problem is that Chrome will not uninstall.

The people at Google do read Googles own Chrome forum as a couple of them have posted replies. It seems that that is all they have done. Nobody at Google has sorted out the problem and I posted here to see if anyone here had found a solution that has so far eluded Googles people.

Thanks

Yippee. I've cracked it. This started just after I downlaoded Constant Guard from Xfinity, and ,through CG, downloaded the free Norton. I got to thinking that the new Norton may be chatting with Chrome in the background.

I disabled my moden (pulled the plug out) and turned off Norton for 15 minute, went into control then programs, clicked on Chrome then uninstall and, BINGO, off it went.

No more ISD messages