Google Chrome 16.0.912.77 m
OS Windows 7 Pro -w- SP1 (x64)
WebKit 535.7 (@103989)
JavaScript V8 3.6.6.15
Flash 11.1.102.55

Hi All,

If I go to ANY site to try and download a program that comes in an executable file (i.e. 7zip, Notepad++, FileZilla, etc.), Chrome just sits there and there's NO download actions at ALL (no bar, no arrow, no nothing). I've done a COMPLETE uninstall/re-install (i.e. deleted Google folders on C: drive), but no matter what I do, I can't download these files.

I can download any/all other file types (.zip, .mp3, .wmv, etc) and on any OTHER browser (IE9, FF, Opera, Safari) I can download .exe's, but not with Chrome.

There have been similar posts, but they haven't been answered, because they mostly assume you're trying to download the .exe to install Chrome (which also won't download BTW), BUT this is NOT an issue of NOT being able to download Chrome, or installing Chrome plugins/extensions!!!

This is just trying to download EVERYDAY 3rd party programs off the web that EVERYONE else uses and are able to do so.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

P.S. I am an Administrator on my system, I installed it as an Administrator and I have set it to run as an Administrator