Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrome won't load any web pages

Thanks

I also have the same trouble, with a little bit difference tho. I mean, I can open this web, heck...I can open most forums, search engines, FB, blogs, etc. but somehow, I cannot open some of my other bookmarks like deviantart, etc.

I already did what you guys been writing, the "-no-sandbox" up to download the clear ALL brosing data, cookie, cache, etc. and then I tried to download the tdsskiller...but the...scary thing happen here, once i unzip the file, my antivir (I'm using Avira AntiVir) gave a notice that it contains a malware...is it save to proceed?

nb: pardon my grammar ._.

Thanks

it doesnt work like that. the renaiming process

Thanks

cant even clean cache

Thanks

Default Still doesn't work

I tried the -no-sandbox option but still no go. I still get error 118 connection timed out every time I try to load a Web page. I guess Chrome is just broken for good and Google is not going to do anything about it. Too bad. It was a pretty good browser.

Thanks

Default I found a fix

Finding that nothing worked, even the -no-sandbox option, this time I uninstalled Chrome from the control panel. Then, using Windows Explorer, I found and deleted all folders entitled "Google Chrome." Then I cleared all my temp files (C:\Documents and Settings\*user*\Local Settings\Temp in Windows XP. (Note: To see the Local Settings file, you need to check "Show Hidden Files and Folders" in Tools Folder Options View Tab.) Then I cleared my recycle bin and did a full shut down and restart. Now I installed a fresh copy of Google Chrome and it works perfectly.

Thanks

Default Possible fix - worked for me.

Check the Chrome file on your computer. Make sure go to the "Chrome" folder (not the Google Chrome folder). It should have the folder icon and once you click on it will show two options: applications and user data. Click on applications. If you have more than one file looking like 18.0.1250.162, then delete the extra. Restart Chrome and everything should be fine. This way you don't even have to reinstall the program.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deuel1 View Post
    type -no-sandbox in the google chrome shortuct path (target) so it looks like this:

C:\Users\Horowitz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Appl ication\chrome.exe -no-sandbox

(with a space after exe)
    it worked for me and other people on the net. hope it helps you...
    I was having the same problem. I downloaded Malwarebytes Antimalware, restarted in safe mode, then scanned my PC with Antimalware. It found a Trojan and removed it. I restarted. All is now right in my universe.

Some may tell you to put the "no-sandbox" flag in the shortcut command. This turns off Chrome's security features. The reason why this works, is because you have a TROJAN / VIRUS. Turning off sandbox allows the Trojan to work freely. It wasn't loading pages because Chrome was blocking the su****ious code.

Thanks

FIXED (AT LEAST FOR ME)!

My problem was that when I wanted to open saved pages, they would keep on loading (and never loaded). They were ok on other browsers.

I've tried:
    - antivirus programs (combofix, ad-aware)
    - -no-sandbox
    - deleting all cookies, browsing history etc.
    - reinstalling
    - unchecking „Predict network actions to improve page load performance“ in Under the Hood in Settings (somebody somewhere suggested that)
    - changing name of chrome.exe to whatever.exe.

None of it worked.

After using Combo fix, which I considered best antivirus program, I thought it couldn't be virus. But, it was. In the moment of despair I've tried two more programs: SUPERAntiSpyware and HitmanPro. I'm not sure which one worked, because i used them at the same time.
    SUPERAntiSpyware found some weird cookies with Chrome’s icon, so maybe they were somehow connected to Chrome (but were not deleted earlier). Hitman found some really strange .exe file, which was completely hidden from view otherwise.

AND IT WORKS NOW (AFTER FEW TERRIBLE DAYS)!!!!

*Going back to Slow and Slower (Firefox and IE), even just for offline files, would kill me.*

I assume that because of Chrome's simplicity, it's more sensitive to viruses than other browsers. Little baby Chrome.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deuel1 View Post
    type -no-sandbox in the google chrome shortuct path (target) so it looks like this:

C:\Users\Horowitz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Appl ication\chrome.exe -no-sandbox

(with a space after exe)
    it worked for me and other people on the net. hope it helps you...
    Thanks really works for me, way to go.

Thanks

Cool fix chrome

HI, newbie here from New Zealand,but we still have the same problems.I tried the simplest first and changed chrome name in my file to a different name,went back to open web pages and opened 10 different ones with no problems, and in extra quick time.No stuffing about. Thanks for posting this particular fixing thread and I hope everyone has the same luck whichever method they use.I dont need to tell you all my efforts and problems as my user name gives it away!!,'smiling again' .
    I renamed mine after my cat!! but it is still "chrome " on the desktop. and works.

Just to refresh:
    right click chrome -properties-click target-right click chrome symbol
    (red/green/blue/yellow)disc and re name

best of luck everyone.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast