Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrome won't load any web pages

Thanks

Unhappy Chrome won't load any web pages

I love Google Chrome. It's fast and easy to use. I used to love Firefox for the same reasons, but later versions haven't really impressed me. But Google Chrome has been acting up and I can't seem to fix it. Even uninstalling it and re-installing it doesn't work. Chrome won't load web pages any more. I don't get any error messages or a 404. It just hangs there and the tab at the top just says "Loading...". Before you say this is a problem with my internet connection, Chrome won't even open web pages I have saved on my hard drive nor will it open any of the "chrome://______" sections you can normally go to. Firefox and IE both work fine (aside from being not nearly as good).

Does anyone else know of this problem, or even better, how to fix it? I did a malware scan with 3 different programs (they found some stuff, but it didn't fix it) and I downloaded the most recent version. I'm using Windows 7.
    Last edited by whats his face; 03-01-2010 at 09:46 PM.

Thanks

im having the same exact problem....cant find a solution anywhere. done all the troubleshooting ive been able to find online and nothing is helping. this has been up for a week lets get a response on here huh...

Thanks

I have the same problem and have a similar thread with heading "Unresponsive; Kill pages; Hangs; Loading... "

Have tried the latest versions of Google Chrome without any luck.

I am now running Dev Chrome and again it is no better, still cannot load any page. Someone has suggested running Chrome in Windows Safe mode, if it works then it would suggest another process is the culprit. I have yet to try this.

Thanks

Sounds as though your firewall might be blocking Chrome. Have you checked those settings?

Thanks

I'm having the same issue at work, I'm on the same firewall as everyone else and they can use Chrome, I've uninstalled and reinstalled. frustrating!

Thanks

I think i know the problem, im running a clean install of windows 7 it was working great and the only things i have done were run ccleaner - fix registry issues with out backing anything up and in start up programs i disabled everything perhaps if any one else did one of these it would have to be the culprit because this is a fresh install i dont even have an antivirus or anything installed yet

Thanks

Default i found a fix for this problem

type -no-sandbox in the google chrome shortuct path (target) so it looks like this:

C:\Users\Horowitz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Appl ication\chrome.exe -no-sandbox

(with a space after exe)
    it worked for me and other people on the net. hope it helps you...

Thanks

type -no-sandbox in the google chrome shortuct path (target) so it looks like this:

C:\Users\Horowitz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Appl ication\chrome.exe -no-sandbox

(with a space after exe)

Thanks

Default Thank You Dueul1 !! Fixed!!!

I am an IT professional and this problem beat me up. I have been working on it for over a week, read hundreds of suggestions. Tried every malware/adware utility, registry modifications, firewall modifications, etc.

In the end - the -no-sandbox solution works!!!

THANKS DUEUL1 - I can get back to being sane again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deuel1 View Post

(with a space after exe)

Hi. I am having the same problem as has been described here and would like to try this. I hope I don't sound to stupid haha but I am not understanding when you to put it in the "shorcut path". Do you mean the browser? Or? I don't want to make a mistake and really mess something up. Any help would be very appreciated

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast