Thread: Hi all

Thanks

Default Hi all

Hi all,

My name is Sergey. I'm a software developer. Among various other things I develop browser extensions including extensions for Chrome.

Due to my work I use various browsers. Maybe, due to this reason I'm not a fan of any particular browser .

Thanks

Sergey, If you can't answer this, will you refer me to someone who can? I'm probably asking this in the
    wrong place; I don't know. I've just downloaded google chrome, and chose the Pencil Sketch layout,
    and some items I want on my homepage. When I open the brower all I get is the basic page, not a
    home page looking layout, with the theme I chose. How do I get my homepage to come up with the Pencil
    Sketch Theme, along with other things I want on my homepage? Thank so much, Emilie in NC (USA)

Thanks

Hi Emilie,

This is indeed a wrong place for this question. There are many people on this forum who may know answer to your question, but since you asked personally me - they are likely not to participate in this thread. So, I recommend to post this question to another discussion. "Google Chrome TroubleShooting" looks like a right place for this.

Anyway, I'll try to answer your question although I'm not sure that I understand it correctly. So:

1. As I understand, when you say "homepage" - you mean page displayed when you open new tab. Let me use term "new tab page" because this is how it is named by google.

2. As I understand, you installed pencil sketch theme from chrome webstore. You expected that pencil sketch effect will be applied to the whole new tab page, but it was not applied. This is normal because this particular theme is done this way: it applies pencil sketch effect only to top of chrome window, not to a whole new tab page. If you want to have this effect for a whole page - somebody should modify theme. For example, you can contact author of pencil sketch theme and ask him whether he wants to do variant of his theme with pencil sketch effect applied to whole page.

3. It looked for me like you want to customize what items are shown on new tab page. Chrome themes do not allow to make this type of customization. But chrome extensions may have this functionality. So, I recommend to search for this type of extensions in chrome webstore. I can not recommend any particular extension for this because I don't use this feature myself.