The new experimental App Info feature for Chrome continues to be improved. This allows you to see all your app details without accessing the settings or other complicated menus. We had seen Chromium feature the App Info dialog in the past, but now we have it in Chrome Canary and it is very much improved.
To access this App Info dialog, simply open your Chrome App Launcher and right-click on the app you want to see the dialog of. The new dialog comes with three sections.
New dialog sections
- Summary: shows the app name, version and quick description.
- Permissions: shows the app’s required permissions (what it can access).
- Manage: allows you to control your app’s settings.
How do I activate the new App Info dialog
This is actually a very simple process. Just follow these steps and you should be ready to go.
- You must be using Chrome Canary. For more details read our tutorial on choosing the right Chrome channel.
- Open Chrome Canary.
- Enter chrome://flags/#enable-app-list-info into the omnibar and press enter.
- Enable the App List info flag.
- You are all set!
Give it a try and let us know what you think! Also, check out our tutorial on managing your Chrome apps and extensions. We have put together a very nice list of tips and tricks in there.